Wednesday 17 September 2014

Thursday rants and blahs

Eh been a shet week so the writing is all over the place.

Just heard last night that a friend lost her baby at birth. Don't know the details, possibly stillborn. Join the club sister, I feel your pain. Nobody should have to deal with that shet. Nobody. I hope she finds solace in her family and her two beautiful daughters and in God's love. That's all we can hope for. But wait that's not all. A mutual friend decides to call me this morning and give me all the gory details and worse, send me pics of the baby. Seriously!! Se kefs ia.

Everyone's a bloody baker these days. I'm sure that's what real bakers said when they saw me trying my hand at baking ha. Now I know what it feels like pe a omai le au fia baker ma post solo aka o lakou keke no nice. Juhu ia ok jealous.org. I know what Caroline's Kitchen thinks now "ugh amateurs". Ioe a la ua oki ai le business. Speaking of which, I think I've lost my mojo. I've been cancelling orders left and right. So two days ago, a regular ordered 3 cakes for Friday (thats *check calculator* $300!). I said sorry I'm going to Savaii this weekend and can't make it. And then I thought WTF Gikia e le keikei maua sau $300 aye. So I emailed her back and said hey ua cancel lau alu i Savaii so can still make it. THEN I woke up this morning and thought oh shit the order is for tomorrow and I am currently in Depression mode (talk about that later) so I emailed her again and said sorry sis ua koe on e trip i Savaii. Shet what a fail. Meanwhile I am looking through pics of a fellow baker Sweet Tooth and thinking of ordering a cheesecake this weekend. Because you know how I need it. AND these amateur bakers need quality assurance. Fink about it.

While you're finking about it, next week Angel turns 3. Time flies but nobody forgets. So I'm finally getting off my arse to buy a headstone for the poor girl ai o faapea le keige "e le galo le alu e igu ae galo a'u". So I went to Tuigamala headstones where they have a Xmas special going on - ok so why would you have a Xmas special in Sept and say "Book your coffin and headstone early before the Xmas rush." Before the Xmas death rush? A'e. Anyway e sau le kau a le igikia e $1,000. Ok thanks, will come back...never. So I went on lau whatsapp to ask the oracles if they know where I can find a reasonably priced (just say it, cheap) headstone. I said my budget was $500. One shet said "Well in that case go to Apia Concrete Products." Aikae. Still at square 1 and the anniversary is in a couple of days. Well planned, mother of the century.

But wait. Gary Carruthers just saved my life, and has a brass plaque for me which looks even better than a proper headstone. Yay. Mother of the century award still intact.




5 comments:

QueenB said...

What a wicked week you are having my dear haha I remember I first came across your blog-highness when you wrote about losing Angel..I cried my heart out and I didn't even know you lol that was 3 years ago? oka - time does fly. Happy Birthday to the angel princess and hope you get things sorted lol :)

Fotuosamoa said...

awww.....thinking of you and Angel and the living divas!!! it's okay to be depressed, just don't punch the kids or somethin' (:

Tia said...

Lol@go to ACP. I know who that was. Bhahaha. Big hugs and stop being depressed. Go bake a cake or something. Love you keo xo

kuaback said...

aawwww..hugs for you and the divas and yay the brass plaque ;) I need to get one headstone for my grandma for next march. ea? kaunak kele tuigamala?

Sina Tupou said...

LMAO @ Xmas death rush. Dammit ia oe.
All the best in sorting out Angel's plaque :)