Saturday 30 August 2014

SIDS galore

I'm feeling sorry for myself cos I'm not directly involved in SIDS. I'm making money from it, sure, but I'm not like losing sleep and posting up that I just got accredited and attending today's plenary session, took a selfie with the nz police, checked Barbara Dreaver through customs blah blah blah.

And I'm only feeling sorry for myself cos my friends are all involved and I'm bored. Nobody to go on a maccas run with. Nobody to go and bug and force to watch The Other Woman with at ungodly hours of the morning. They're all doing airport runs, manning information booths, running the whole goddamn show, supplying the flowers for the venue, taking their guests from overseas sightseeing, pub crawls during teuila festival.

Pity party aside, Samoa is absolutely amazingly beautiful right now. Every road a UN delegate or Ban Ki Moon is likely to drive on, has been transformed, decorated with flags made of ieie, signs saying "Enjoy your staying in Samoa" and "We love you SIDS". The roads have been tar sealed again. And all the roads Helen Clarke will not be travelling on, good luck and may your potholes stay forever. Flags of all UN nations including coca cola lining the streets. Lights on and trees decorated cos hello it's xmas. Hashtags filling your newsfeed #soproudofmysamoa #sids2014 #haven'tsleptin48hours. Cops every bloody where you look. And my god some hot ones too. Where have they been hiding all my life? Ok sidetracked. Apia. Beautiful. Let's hope everyone keeps their toilets clean after everyone goes back and not just for this two week period.

And on that note, I'm at work on a effing Sunday #SIDSmoko

5 comments:

QueenB said...

I'm sooo incredibly jealous like you have no idea! Lol If I were not off on holiday soon, I'd fly there to check out the hot cops lol malo lava le kapua'i ;)

Tia said...

Stop feeling sorry for yourself and go enjoy the fact that you aren't stressing about SIDS. Or go bother Ora and gang and make their lives a living hell. Muahahaha! ;)

Fotu said...

I feel like you feel re: not being involved. Like I think I'm somehow less Samoan because I'm not manning a booth/ driving a bus/ or even watching Teuila on TV.

Then again, I've enjoyed my weekend NOT working, and I'll take those when I can get them. Even if my newsfeed is making me want to throw up in my mouth a little. Lol #BadSamoan #NonPatriot

Sigh, I'm coming over today. Hopefully some hot cop can change my mind. Ailoga. Lol

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. On the one hand Im a loser who had no accreditation and did nuffink for SIDS. The one time I met with some SIDS people, the blardy security guard wouldn't let me in the gate and I had to go sit outside on the road for an effing HOUR until a different policeman came by who felt sorry for me because he knew my uncle. On the other hand, Im glad I wasn't up at the village smiling and chatting and having to be nice to zillions of random people all dressed in beautiful elei puletasi. Oh, and who am I kidding, theres no way I could have gone to SIDS anyway because I don't have any beautiful elei ofu's and I would have looked awful.
That is all. Me and you should have had our lunch date during sids week instead.
Lani

Anonymous said...

oh and can you pleeeease get rid of the captcha spam check thing here on your blog? I keep commenting and your blog deletes my very intellectual words.... #Conspiracy